Top Ten Reasons to Love Spring....
Top ten reasons to love SPRING......
If you are like me, you are ready for winter to be over and Spring to arrive! The weather in Maryland like much of the east coast has been nuts! Warm one day and 8"of snow the next. My mother bird best explained it...."It seems like winter and spring are duking it out!" I keep telling my husband that I'm over it....it just seems that old man winter isn't listening. If I run into him I'm sooo gonna punch him in the nose!
2. I don't have to wear at least 3 layers to keep warm. I just end feeling like the Pillsbury dough boy with the sweaters and coats. Yuck!
3. My spring and summer wardrobe are so much brighter than my winter clothes. Long gone are the browns and navies. Bring on the pinks, yellows and greens! Just kinda perks you up!
4. I splurge and myself a fab pair of sandals. Usually from Anthropologie...they have killer shoes! A little pricey, but once a year I just gotta go wild and throw caution and my thriftiness to the wind.
5. I get to drink Mojitos without looking like a weirdo! Really....it's a little odd to order a drink with lime juice and mint in the middle of winter.
6. It starts my pedicure season. Being a thrifty gal...I feel guilty getting a pedicure in the winter. I love when I can officially claim it's sandal season. Let's be honest...there's nothing better than a great pedi!
7. I start getting the itch to play in the dirt! When my kids were younger I gardened like a mad woman! Huge beds filled with overflowing flowers. These days....I'm more about compact container gardens. Small spaces that pack a punch. Eye Candy!!